|Peppermint Bark Cookies are the ultimate Christmas cookies.|
||Peppermint Bark Cookies are a show stopper dessert and perfect for the holidays. These festive cookies are a thick, decadent, chocolate cookies, topped with a silky peppermint buttercream and homemade peppermint bark.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Chill Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 57 minutes.
½ cup butter
¾ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoon white sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ¼ cup flour
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup semisweet chips
½ cup white chocolate chips (or almond bark)
1 tablespoon crushed peppermint
½ cup butter, softened (1 stick )
4 cups powdered sugar
3-4 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ teaspoon peppermint extract
1. Cookie Dough: In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars, with a whisk or electric handheld mixer, until light and fluffy. Then, add in the egg and vanilla extract, mix until combined. Next, stir in the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt until the mixture forms a dough. Proceed to place the dough in the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes before proceeding with the baking.
2. Prep: About 20 minutes into the dough chilling process, start preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat and set it aside.
3. Bake: After the dough is done chilling, separate the dough into 6 balls of dough and place them onto your prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
4. Peppermint Bark: In a microwave safe bowl, melt your semisweet chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring until melted and smooth. Repeat the process with the white chocolate in a separate bowl.
5. Next, thinly spread the semisweet chocolate out onto a piece of parchment paper and then spread melted white chocolate over the top of that. Sprinkle the top with crushed peppermint candies and set aside to set.
6. Buttercream frosting: In a large bowl, whip the butter with an electric mixer. Then, add in the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract. Whip again to combine. Lastly, add the milk and beat again until the frosting is light and fluffy.
7. Assemble: Transfer the buttercream frosting to a ziplocked bag with the corner snipped off or a piping bag with a round tip. Proceed to pipe the buttercream in a swirl pattern on top of each of the cookies. Next, break the peppermint bark into pieces and place them on top of the cookies. Serve and enjoy!
Peppermint Bark Cookies make for the best treat to serve at your next holiday gathering or event. These festive cookies are a wonderfully sweet and decadent treat that everyone is sure to enjoy!
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 1017kcal | Carbohydrates: 154g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 114mg | Sodium: 473mg | Potassium: 337mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 126g | Vitamin A: 1009IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 4mg
|Bypass censorship by sharing one of these links:
https://1realnews.com/bake-10/ or https://box127.com/bake-10/
or https://box145.com/bake-10/ or https://box154.com/bake-10/
|Insider’s Market||Tasty Recipes|